Why choose Japanese knives over Western style knives you might ask? Japanese people have been mastering the craft of manipulating steel for centuries — with tradition and technology they make the best knives available for a chef.
Japanese knives have harder steel which allows for better edge retention.
Japanese knives are thin which allow for sharper edges.
Like in all aspects of their unique culture, from sushi making to automobiles — you can trust the Japanese to pursue perfection.
Kyoku Samurai Series 8″ Chef Knife
When we talk about simplicity coupled up with boldness, there is no other knife to mention than the Kyoku Samurai Series. The Kyoku is a super sharp Japanese kitchen knife that can be used with basically any cutting there is to do in the kitchen.
- High quality: Made from a cryogenically treated steel that is ultra-sharp, the Kyoku Samurai is unrivaled when it comes to performance
- Durability: This Chef’s knife is good at retaining its sharp edge due to the high-quality steel used. In addition to that, its pakkawood handle is quite durable and resistant to heat, cold and moisture thanks to the special treatment it is subjected to.
- Comfortable: The Kyoku is quite comfortable and easy to handle for long periods without fatigue. This is due to its perfectly rounded handle and smooth curves that make this achievable.
- Prone to getting stained upon the slightest exposure.
- Despite being a sharp edge that lasts for long, they are difficult to sharpen.
- Cannot be used for different purposes such as cutting bread or as a carving knife.
Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series Forged 5-Piece Japanese Knife Set
The 5 piece Japanese knife block set consists of 5 types of Kyoku Samurai knives namely: 8″ Chef knife, 8″ bread knife, 6.5″ Carving knife, 5″ utility knife and 3.5″ paring knife. All of them are made of Acacia woodblock handle and are considered a perfect set because:
- Quality: They portray impeccable standards of quality due to their extremely sharp edges hence making work easier.
- All-purpose: When bought as a set, there are indeed many things you can do with each one of those knives.
- Comfort: Which is a key characteristic in most Kyoku series of knives. This is due to their comfortable design patterns that make handling easier.
- Durable: The treated Acacia wood handle ensures that the knife stays free of heat, cold and moisture.
- Sharp hence may cause injuries.
- Difficulty when its comes to precision sharpening.
- Gets stained easily.
Sincise Chef Knife
This unique design of the chef knife is commonly used in most cooking classes as well as competitions. This
is due to its ease of usage and affordability without compromising on its unrivalled quality. Among some of its features include:
- Light hence comfortable: The extreme lightness of this knife will help you maneuver easily during cutting. This will likewise cause less fatigue to your hands and fingers hence making you able to work for a long time comfortably.
- Performance: Made through the incorporation of the 3-step Honbazuke method, the Sincise is pretty sharp. It can cut through most foodstuffs inclusive of fish, meat, vegetables as well as sushi with ease and precision.
- Not fit for all purposes.
Grand Sharp Kiritsuke Chef Knife
The name itself says it all already. The Kiritsuke chef knife is indeed built for performance. Its unique and impeccable design will ,without doubt, leave you amazed and in awe.
- Beautiful: Who says all cutlery has to be plain, old and boring? The Grand Sharp knife is beautifully and artistically crafted, harboring beautiful patterns that make your cutting experience a lot of fun.
- Well-balanced: The Grand sharp knife can be used for ordinary household chores as well as professional slicing dicing.
- Comfort: Of course the Grand Sharp would not be mentioned among some of the most top-notch Japanese knives if it were not comfortable to handle for long periods without fatigue.
- Stains easily just like most other premium knives.
- Is fit for only one purpose and that is to be used as a chef knife.
- Susceptible to rust hence needs occasional scouring.
Zelite Infinity Chef Knife
This Alpha-Royal series of chef knives has set the new standards in the history of knives by harnessing a perfect blend of comfort and beauty.Even the packaging looks quite splendid hence deeming this a knife of class. Indeed the name Alpha-Royal does not go to waste when it comes to the Zelite Infinity knife.
- Performance: What is a knife without sharp edges? As much as all knives have sharp edges, the Zelite Infinity has sharp yet strong edges. The level of blacksmith talent required to combine these two attributes is quite a manifestation of skill that is used to design the knife. This knife is ruthlessly sharp.
- Quality: Besides its sharp natures, the Zelite is made of premium Japanese steel. The super steel has a 67- layer carbon stainless steel embedded into its structure. This not only guarantees long-lasting performance but also durability as it can resist occurrence of rust.
- Artistic: The varying artistic pattern of the Zelite Infinity chef knife makes it fit for Kings and Queens.
- Not stain resistant.
- Despite having razor sharp and robust edges, they may prove difficult to sharpen.
- Quite expensive due to its high quality levels.
Dalstrong Chef Knife
The Dalstrong Chef Knife is designed out of love and respect for stainless steel. The amount of effort placed in the knife’s design is revealed in the beauty and performance of this knife.
- Power: The Dalstrong Chef Knife is indeed quite powerful when it comes to cutting. It features an ultra- sharp vacuum heated super-steel cutting core that provides for extra-ordinary performance.
- Durable: The knife’s handle, as confirmed, is military-grade type. It offers a natural grip due to its ergonomic shape that makes it easy to maneuver and control.
- Discolors immediately upon contact with acidic foods such as citrus fruits.
Dalstrong Phantom Series
The Dalstrong series has indeed never failed when it comes to offering power as well as control. The Phantom series is no exception as it comes in a six-piece set held in place by a magnetic block.
- Elegance and quality: The Dalstrong phantom series, besides not having any advanced artwork is still beautiful to look at. Its majestic edges scream of confidence, with a shiny luster permeating on the surface of its high-quality stainless steel.
- Durable: The Spanish pakkawood handle is laminated and hand-polished to ensure that it is comfortable when cutting and durable during storage.
- Difficult to sharpen despite being long-lasting.
- Prone to rust.